If you're looking for some creative ideas on how to use Cordials this Christmas, you've come to the right place. Our fabulous Curious Cordials are incredibly versatile and the ideal drink to have on hand during the festive season. Crafted from the finest fruits and botanicals, with three different flavours; Pomegranate & Rose, Lemon & Mint, and Sloe & Raspberry, there's something to suit everyone's taste.
From more-ish mocktails and cocktails to delicious dinners, in this blog, we will share five different ways that you can use Frobishers Cordials to make your holiday celebrations even more special this year.
Pomegranate & Rose Mojito (Mocktail or Cocktail)
The festive season is a great time to enjoy delicious cocktails and mocktails, so if you fancy trying something new, mix up this Pomegranate & Rose Mojito. To make it alcohol-free simply substitute the white rum for white-grape juice.
- 8-10 Fresh mint leaves, plus a sprig to garnish
- 25ml Lime juice
- 2 tbsp Caster sugar
- 50ml White rum (substitute for white grape juice for alcohol-free)
- 20ml Frobishers Pomegranate & Rose Cordial
- Soda water, to top up
- Pomegranate seeds to garnish
- Muddle together the mint leaves, lime juice and sugar in a tumbler or highball glass
- Pour over the rum and stir
- Add a handful of ice cubes
- Pour in the Pomegranate & Rose Cordial
- Top with soda water
- Stir gently to combine
- Garnish with a sprig of mint leaves and a few pomegranate seeds.
Frobishers Festive Spritz (Fruit Cordial & Prosecco Punch)
This refreshing Frobishers Festive Spritz is the perfect cocktail to serve a your Christmas or New Years’ party. We recommend using either our Sloe & Raspberry or Pomegranate & Rose Cordial in this Prosecco Punch. Simply combine your chosen cordial and prosecco into a large pitcher jug (1:10 ratio), garnish with fresh fruit and herbs, and serve in prosecco flutes.
Lemon & Mint Prawn Tagliatelle
If you are looking to take a break from festive food, try this tasty Lemon & Mint Prawn Tagliatelli featuring our Lemon & Mint Cordial. This flavourful dinner dish will transport your tastebuds straight to the heart of Morocco.
- 300g dried tagliatelle
- 240g frozen raw prawns, defrosted and de-veined
- 1 medium banana shallot, finely chopped
- 2 level tbsp. crème fraiche
- 140ml dry white wine
- 40g butter
- 140g frozen peas, defrosted and cooked for 2 minutes
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. virgin olive oil – 3 tbsp. grated fresh parmesan
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tbsp. Frobishers Lemon & Mint Cordial
- Mint sprigs and lemon wedges
- Make the pesto by combining all the pesto ingredients in a blender and pulse until the ingredients are mixed. Do not over-blend – you want some texture, not a puree. Leave to one side.
- Cook the tagliatelle in boiling, slightly salted water until al dente (just soft) and then strain.
- Melt the butter in the pan and fry the chopped shallot until soft, but not coloured.
- Add the wine and reduce to half.
- Add the prawns and toss with the onion and wine until they are pink.
- Stir in the pesto and crème fraiche and heat through gently.
- Add the tagliatelle to the pan and incorporate with the other ingredients.
- Serve with sprigs of mint and lemon wedges and fresh crusty bread.
Mulled Sloe & Raspberry
Packed with tart sloes and sweet raspberry, then made rich with a hint of vanilla, our Sloe & Raspberry Cordial is delicious served hot or cold. So, if you’re looking for a way to warm up at home this Christmas, enjoy a mulled sloe and raspberry. Simply warm up on the stove by mixing cordial and water (1:10 ratio), and adding in your spices of choice (we recommend cinnamon, cloves, star anise or juniper) for a fragrant beverage.
Pomegranate & Rose Salad
This fresh and fruity salad dish is great for filling your body with goodness over the festive season. Serve as a sumptuous side dish or with chicken for a filling meal.
- A good handful of mixed salad leaves
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped into chunky pieces
- 1⁄2 cucumber peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 12 mini plum tomatoes
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. virgin olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp. caster sugar
- 1 tbsp. Frobishers Pomegranate & Rose Cordial
- 1 clove of well-crushed garlic
- Prepare the salad by mixing all the ingredients together (except the pomegranate seeds).
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together and toss them into the salad.
- Sprinkle with fresh pomegranate seeds.
We hope you enjoy these fun and festive ways to enjoy your Frobishers Cordials. If you have any other ideas or ways you use our Curious Cordials let us know or tag us in your creations on Instagram @FrobishersJuices or use the hashtag #Frobishers.
Not got your hands on our Cordials yet? You can build a custom box of soft drinks online and choose from our 5 soft drinks ranges; Fruit Juice, Cordials, Fusions, Sparkling Bottles & Cans. With 23 different flavours, there’s something for everyone to enjoy over the festive season. Don’t forget to order ahead of the occasion, you can even use our date picker app to select a delivery date of choice (Last orders for Christmas delivery is on the 22nd of December).
Have a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, from all of the team at Frobishers.