Are you doing Dry January this year? Well, you're not alone, it's estimated that over 100,000 people in the UK take part in Dry January every year. Initially a campaign by Alcohol Change UK, this now annual tradition is often associated with reducing one's consumption after the busy Christmas period. Whether you're looking to cut down on alcohol for health reasons, or just to take a break, going without alcohol doesn't mean not having fun or missing out on delicious drinks.
There are so many great alcohol alternatives to enjoy now including alcohol-free beer, cider, spirits, mocktail cans, and more. If you want to find out our favourite alcohol alternatives, check out our blog The Best Alcohol-Free Drinks. Or, if you're looking for the best mocktail recipes in the business, you're in the right place.
In this blog post, we will share five of our favourite mocktail recipes that are perfect for Dry January (or any other month you fancy them!). These recipes are all alcohol-free, so they are perfect for anyone who is abstaining from alcohol. Plus, they're all incredibly fresh, fruity, and delicious. We hope you enjoy them!
Pomegranate & Rose Fizz Mocktail
This light and fragrant mocktail features our fruity and botanically blended Pomegranate & Rose Cordial.
- 10ml Frobishers Pomegranate & Rose Cordial
- Frobishers Simply Elderflower Spectacular Sparkler (or any sparkling water)
- Optional: Alcohol-free Gin of choice (we recommend Sea Arch's Coastal Juniper)
- Garnish: Pomegranate Seeds
- Fill a collins glass with ice
- Pour in the Frobishers Cordial
- Optional: Add 50ml Alcohol-Free Gin
- Top with Frobishers Spectacular Sparkler or sparkling water of choice
- For garnish, sprinkle fresh pomegranate seeds into the glass
Maidenly Mimosa Mocktail
Sparkling white grape juice is the perfect substitute for prosecco or champagne in this mimosa mocktail. Served in champagne flutes, this classic drink is known for its elegance and is often enjoyed at brunch.
- 175ml Frobishers Orange Juice
- 175ml Sparkling White Grape Juice (or alcohol-free prosecco)
- Optional: Garnish with Orange Slices
- Chill 2 Champagne Flutes
- Divide the orange juice between the 2 glasses
- Top with sparkling grape juice
- Garnish with orange slices
Reminisce the Summer with this sweet sunrise mocktail. Made with just 2 ingredients it’s quick, easy and delicious.
- 100ml Frobishers Orange Juice
- 20ml Grenadine Syrup (Pomegranate works best)
- Garnish: Fresh Orange Slice & Maraschino Cherry
- Pour the orange juice into a highball glass filled with ice
- Pour the grenadine syrup into the centre of the glass - it should fall to the bottom and create the sunset effect
- Garnish with a fresh orange slice and a maraschino cherry
Mango Mojito Mocktail
With a fabulously fruity and tropical flavour, you can mix up this more-ish Mango Mojito Mocktail in just a minute.
- 70ml Frobishers Mango Juice
- 10ml Frobishers Lemon & Mint Cordial (or substitute for lemon juice + a teaspoon of sugar)
- 15ml Lime Juice
- Sparkling / Soda Water To Top
- Garnish: Mint Leaves
- Fill a highball glass with ice
- Pour in the Mango Juice & Cordial
- Top With sparkling water
- Gently stir to mix
- Garnish with mint leaves
Virgin Mary Mocktail
The alcohol-free counterpart to the infamous Bloody Mary, this Virgin Mary Mocktail still has all the flavour and kick to it. The perfect drink to enjoy at brunch.
- 80ml Frobishers Tomato Juice
- 15ml Lemon Juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Celery Salt (substitute for normal salt if you don’t have any)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Garnish: 1 stalk celery
- Pour the tomato juice and lemon juice into a highball glass filled with ice
- Mix well with a stirrer
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste.
- Garnish with the celery stalk
We hope you liked these delicious mocktail recipes and are feeling inspired to go alcohol-free this January. There are so many different ways to enjoy soft drinks, so if you’re looking for something a bit easier than making a mocktail, why not try one of our delicious ranges of flavoured soft drinks, made from the finest fruits and botanicals. You can build a custom box of any of our 23 drinks, including Cordials, Juices, Fusions, Sparkling Bottles and Pressé Cans and choose a delivery day that suits you.
Don’t forget to tag us in any of your cocktail creations on Instagram @frobishersjuices, and use the hashtag #frobishers for a chance to be featured on our page.