The coronation of King Charles III is an event that has been long-awaited in the United Kingdom since his appointment in September 2022. This historic moment will signify the start of a new chapter for the royal family, and the coronation ceremony promises to be an extraordinary affair.
The coronation is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, May 9th, 2023, at Westminster Abbey in London. This is the same location where Queen Elizabeth II, Charles' mother, was crowned in 1953, and where his great-grandfather Edward VII was also crowned in 1902.
As the coronation draws near, excitement is building among people from all over the world who will be watching the ceremony. If you're planning a celebration for this momentous event, make sure you stock up on plenty of delicious drinks for the occasion.
Build a custom box of soft drinks from Frobishers online and choose from Jubilant Juices, Curious Cordials, Spectacular Sparklers, Fantastical Fusions, and Sparkling Pressé Cans. All of our drinks are family-friendly and made from the finest fruits and botanicals. Delicious on their own or mixed in cocktails, there’s something for everyone.
Looking to mix up some delicious drinks for the occasion? We've curated a list of 5 coronation and royalty-themed cocktail and mocktail recipes, perfect for the special day.
The Crown Jewel
In many ways the ultimate royal drink, a twist on the classic Gin & Tonic - beloved by the monarchy for decades. This sparkling cocktail is inspired by the jewels that will be on display during the coronation ceremony.
- 50ml Gin
- 100ml Frobishers Sicilian Lemonade or Simply Elderflower Sparkler
- Optional: Edible gold glitter (like this one)
- Fill a gin glass with ice
- Pour in your gin of choice
- Top with Frobishers Sparkler
- Optional: Sprinkle edible gold glitter in for a royal touch
The Royal Bumble
This delicious sparkling cocktail features our unique Bumbleberry Juice mixed with Sparkling Wine or Champagne. Made from a vibrant medley of ripe strawberries, juicy raspberries, tart blackcurrants, and blackberries, Bumbleberry Juice is the perfect drink for the big day.
Quick and easy to batch-make, the Royal Bumble is ideal if you’re hosting a party. Want to make it a mocktail? Switch the sparkling wine for sparkling grape juice.
- Sparkling Wine or Champagne (We recommend Lyme Bay Winery's Brut Reserve NV)
- Frobishers Bumbleberry Juice
- Chill the Sparkling Wine and Bumbleberry Juice prior to preparation
- Fill 1/3 of the champagne flutes with Bumbleberry Juice and top with Sparkling Wine
- Optional: Garnish with a small berry of choice
The Coronation Fizz
This red, white, and blue mocktail is perfect for guests who want to join in the celebration without the alcohol. Don’t forget to prepare this one ahead of time to ensure the fruity ice cubes are ready to go!
- 300ml Coconut Water
- 50g Blueberries
- 50g Raspberries
- 50g Chopped Strawberries
- 550ml Frobishers Elderflower Spectacular Sparkler
- Place blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries in an ice cube tray
- Fill the tray with coconut water
- Freeze until frozen solid, about 4 hours
- Add ice cubes to glasses
- Pour Elderflower Sparkler into each of the glasses and serve
Pomegranate & Rose Royale
This cordial cocktail is easy to make, using a mix of our Pomegranate & Rose Cordial with Lyme Bay Winery's Sparkling Rosé. A twist on the classic Kir Royale, it's a delightfully fruity drink with delicate botanical notes. Make up a pitcher and serve 10+ people.
- Pour the Frobishers Cordial into a pitcher jug or glass (we suggest filling about 1/10th of the glass/pitcher)
- Fill the remainder of the glass or pitcher with the Sparkling Rosé
- Optional: Top with pomegranate seeds
The Regal Refresher
This fresh and fruity mocktail is a refreshing punch drink that's perfect for everyone to enjoy. If you want to add alcohol, we recommend pouring 250ml of vodka into the punch before adding the ginger sparkler prior to serving.
- 500ml Frobishers Cranberry Juice
- 250ml Frobishers Pineapple Juice
- 250ml Frobishers Orange Juice
- 50ml Lime Juice
- Optional: 275ml Frobishers Ginger & Juniper Sparkler or Sicilian Lemonade Sparkler
- Garnish: Slices of strawberries, oranges, limes, or any fresh fruit!
- Stir together the cranberry juice, pineapple juice, orange juice, and lime juice in a large pitcher
- Chill until you are ready to serve (at least 4 hours to ensure it’s fully chilled)
- Add sliced fruit and chilled Ginger & Juniper or Sicilian Lemonade Sparkler just before serving
We hope you enjoy these delicious cocktails and mocktails created especially for the coronation of King Charles III. Mix up a range of these for everyone to enjoy on the day, or if you’re feeling creative why not come up with your own? Don’t forget to share your creations on social media and tag us @frobishersjuices or use the hashtag #frobishers for a chance to be featured on our page.