Earth Day is a time to reflect on the state of our planet and what we can do to protect it. Celebrated on 22nd April across the world, Earth Day was first commemorated in 1970 to tackle environmental issues like climate change. 52 years on and sustainable practices are more important than ever.
This Earth Day we want to talk about our commitment to sustainability. We've been working hard to make sure our business is as environmentally-friendly as possible - and there's still a lot of work to do - but we're proud of the progress we've made so far.
Rather than make broad claims, we want to share the specific ways we're trying to reduce our impact on the environment:
- Our glass bottles are made from 20% recycled glass (the maximum amount of recycling for the glass to remain clear).
- Our steel caps are infinitely recyclable with no loss of quality and consist of 57% recycled material
- The outer cardboard trays for shipping are made from 70% recycled material from FSC certified sources and are 100% recyclable
- We've eliminated plastic from our packaging wherever possible, only keeping plastic when required to for essential shipping
- We try to minimise energy consumption in all areas of our business,
- from warehousing to head office
- Extensively investigating our exact carbon footprint so that we can make plans towards becoming carbon neutral
This Earth Day - and every day - we'll continue working hard to be as sustainable as possible. We promise to regularly review our sustainable practices to make sure we're doing everything we can as part of our commitment to sustainable and ethical practices. We hope you'll join us on this journey!