Nothing quite beats a barbeque, so let’s make the most of summer whilst it’s still around. Whether you’re hosting a big event for friends or just a small alfresco dinner for the family, there are a few essentials you’ll need. If you want to make sure you impress your guests, you might want to do a bit of planning in advance to ensure you’ve got everything covered.
Barbeques are a great opportunity to catch up with friends and family in the sunshine whilst enjoying good food and delicious drinks. Here are our top recommendations for some extra special touches.
Keep your BBQ guests topped up
Kick off with some drinks to keep your guests cool and refreshed. And make sure you’ve got a good selection to keep everyone happy. A good BBQ host will ensure they have a varied choice of drinks for everyone, alcoholic and non-alcoholic. This selection might include:
- Water (to keep your guests hydrated)
- Frobishers Sparklers & Fusions
- A jug of cocktail (we recommend our Grapefruit Margarita recipe)
Our Fantastical Fusions and Spectacular Sparklers are the perfect options for those not drinking alcohol, or for anyone who wants to enjoy a delicious, fruity tipple. Our unique flavour combinations will leave your guests wanting more, so make sure you’re stocked up. We highly recommend trying our Simply Elderflower Sparkler, it's fresh and full of botanical flavours.
Our build a box feature is a great way to make sure you have a wide selection of drinks on offer. You can build your perfect box of either 12 or 24, and order a selection of Juices, Cordials, Sparklers, and Fusions. We’re absolutely certain there will be something for everyone. We suggest keeping them cool in an ice bucket for your guests to help themselves too.
Delicious ideas for BBQ food
The menu can be as simple or as complex as you like. See it as a good opportunity to try out some fun, new dishes. Whether you’re cooking up a meat, veggie, or plant-based feast, there are endless options. You’ll want to think about main dishes, meats or veggie options to grill, side dishes, nibbles, and desserts. Don’t forget to offer an array of condiments and sauces that pair well with your chosen dishes.
Everyone will have their own ideas of barbeque essentials when it comes to food. Some families are all about grilling, whereas others prefer to offer lots of side dishes to pick and choose from. Here are some of our favourite options for a tasty feast.
- Caramelised onion burgers in brioche buns
- Philly cheesesteak burger with pickles and mustard
- Jamaican jerk cauliflower wings
- BBQ pulled pork or jackfruit and coleslaw burgers
- Honey, lime, and sriracha chicken skewers
- Roasted vegetable skewers
- Mint lamb burgers
BBQ side dishes:
- Grilled baby potatoes with rosemary
- Avocado & corn salad
- Rainbow coleslaw
- Greek pasta salad with pesto and feta cheese
- Classic potato salad
- Lemon and herb corn on the cob
- Dark, milk, and white chocolate coated strawberries
- Old fashioned peach cobbler
- No-bake lemon cheesecake
- Little moons mochi balls
- Homemade ice lollies using our Frobishers juices (pineapple is our favourite)
A few finishing touches...
When planning for an event like a barbeque, the finishing touches are the most important and often the part that guests remember most.
As well as offering your guests delicious food and drink, think of other ways you can really push the boat out. You might want to pay extra attention to detail when it comes to the table layout, entertainment, themes, and decorations.
Here are some simple ideas:
- Have some board, card, or drinking games planned
- Create a music playlist to have on in the background all evening
- Think of a theme for your BBQ, decades, tropical, sea-themed, or traditional country
- Set up a fire pit for extra atmosphere when it gets darker
- Decorate the garden with lanterns and fairy lights
- Summer lawn party games such as Giant Jenga, beer pong or limbo
Sit back, relax and enjoy this time with your family and friends and make the most of this little slice of summer we have left. Let us know what your summer barbeque essentials are. If Frobishers drinks are part of your celebrations, we’d love to see! Tag us on Instagram and we’ll share your BBQ triumphs.