Remember remember, the 5th of November... What's not to love about Bonfire Night? The crisp autumn air, the delicious food, and of course, the fireworks! If you're planning on hosting a party this year, make sure it's a night that your guests will never forget. Get organised ahead of the occasion to ensure an enjoyable evening by following our five top tips for hosting the ultimate Bonfire Night party:
1. Get your bonfire going early
There's nothing worse than guests arriving to find a cold, damp bonfire. Make sure you get yours lit a good few hours before your guests arrive so that it has time to really get going. If children are attending, ensure you have a safety barrier around the bonfire to keep kids safe from the flames.
It's likely to be a chilly evening, so make sure there are plenty of blankets on hand to keep everyone cosy outdoors.
2. Serve up some traditional Bonfire Night Party food
There are so many delicious options to choose from, so we've cherry-picked our five favourite quick and easy Bonfire Night food ideas below:
- Hot dogs are a classic bonfire night food, cook up a big batch and serve in napkins for your guests to enjoy around the bonfire.
- Baked Potatoes are another firm favourite and can be topped with a variety of different fillings to suit everyone's taste. We recommend stocking up on baked beans, cheese & tuna.
- Soup is a perfect option for warming up chilly guests. Cook ahead of the occasion, re-heat on the day and serve in individual thermos flasks so that everyone can help themselves.
- Homemade toffee apples - these delicious, sweet, traditional bonfire night treats can also be a great activity for kids to get involved in. If you want to get creative, try these 5 different toffee apple recipes.
- Toasting Marshmallows - everyone can enjoy this around the bonfire, just be careful when children are close to the flame and ensure they are accompanied by an adult at all times.
Don't forget to check if your guests have any dietary requirements ahead of the occasion so that you can prepare accordingly.
3. Keep your guests entertained with some fun Bonfire Night Party games
No one is too old for a round of party games. No matter what age your guests are, everyone can get competitive and play a few fun bonfire night party games. Why not try a competitive game of conkers or a round of apple bobbing? Charades is also great for groups of all ages.
4. Don't forget to stock up on delicious drinks for the occasion
If you're looking for delicious bonfire night party drinks, look no further than our Spectacular Sparklers range. These aptly named beverages are perfect for everyone to enjoy and you can choose from 5 delicious fruity and botanical flavours. Coming in a convenient screw-cap bottle, there's no need to search for a bottle opener!
Adults-only party? Why not serve up some sparkling wine cocktails? Our Cordials create a foolproof flavour infusion in cocktails, so if you're looking for a fancy drink to impress your guests, check out our 5 favourite sparkling wine cocktails blog here.
Did you know you can build a box of all your favourite Frobishers drinks online and have it delivered on a day of your choice? Great for ordering ahead of the occasion.
5. If you don't fancy doing fireworks, make sure you have plenty of sparklers on hand.
They're not just for the kids - everyone loves playing with sparklers! So grab a pack and ensure there is at least one for each person to enjoy. If you don't want to miss out on fireworks completely, you could locate a nearby fireworks display and either pop down for an hour or watch from your window if you're close enough!
And finally, sit back and enjoy the show! Once your bonfire is going strong and your guests are well fed and entertained, all that's left to do is sit back and enjoy the evening.
Have a great Bonfire Night!