Tomato Juice is a staple in many households and bars around the world, serving as a fruity base for many cocktails and mocktails. Whether you are looking to create a classic Bloody Mary or a refreshing Virgin Mary, having high-quality tomato juice is essential for mixing up the perfect drink. Want to know why Frobishers Tomato Juice is the best-bottled tomato juice for cocktails and mocktails? Read on below to find out.
Tomato Juice With No Added Nasties
Frobishers is committed to using only the finest, all-natural ingredients. The tomatoes used in our juice are sourced from specially selected farmers in sunny Italy and Spain, ensuring that each bottle is filled with the freshest and most delicious mellow tomato flavour. It is also an excellent choice for those who are conscious about their health, as it contains no added sugar, preservatives, or artificial flavours, making it a healthier alternative to other commercially-available juices. Additionally, our Tomato Juice is gluten-free and vegan, making it an ideal choice for those with dietary restrictions.
Our Tomato Juicing Process
Some Tomato Juice can be a little watery. At Frobishers, we typically prefer a thicker consistency, which is why we source the best tomatoes from either Italy or Spain - our current season’s juice comes from Italy.
Tomato Juice is made by firstly removing the outer skin, this is achieved by either steaming or blanching the tomatoes before mashing. Once mashed the tomato is pressed, and them sieved to remove pips and stalks.
To ensure the safety of the product, Frobishers Tomato Juice the goes through a pasteurisation process to kill any harmful bacteria. This involves heating the Tomato Juice to a specific temperature and holding it there for a certain amount of time to destroy any potential pathogens that may be present. Once the pasteurisation process is complete, the tomato juice is quickly cooled to prevent any further bacterial growth, bottled, and then stored until it is ready to be distributed to our bottling facility.
This method preserves the natural sweetness and flavour of the tomatoes, giving the juice a wonderfully fresh and mellow taste. The result is a smooth and well-balanced juice that can be enjoyed on its own, over ice, or to take your cocktails and mocktails to the next level.
Tomato Juice For Cocktails & Mocktails
Frobishers bottled Tomato Juice is very versatile and works as the perfect base for a variety of drinks and tomato-based cocktails. The fresh and bold flavour of the juice will complement the other ingredients in your drink, making it the perfect addition to any cocktail or mocktail recipe. Looking for some Tomato Juice cocktail inspiration? Read on below.
3 Tomato Juice Cocktail & Mocktail Recipes
Bold with a touch of spice, this cocktail isn't for the faint-hearted. We recommend using Black Cow Vodka because it's smooth and doesn't have a harsh aftertaste.
- 75ml Black Cow Vodka
- 125ml Frobishers Tomato Juice
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, plus 2 slices to serve
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Splash of Tabasco
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 celery stick, to serve
- Fill a jug with ice
- Add in the vodka, tomato juice and lemon juice
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Stir the mix until the jug feels cold, then strain the mixture into a cocktail glass with ice
- Optional: Garnish with a celery stick
Virgin Mary Mocktail
The alcohol-free counterpart to the infamous Bloody Mary, this Virgin Mary Mocktail still has all the flavour and kick to it. The perfect drink to enjoy at brunch.
- 80ml Frobishers Tomato Juice
- 15ml Lemon Juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Celery Salt (substitute for normal salt if you don’t have any)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dashes of hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Garnish: 1 stalk of celery
- Pour the tomato juice and lemon juice into a highball glass filled with ice
- Mix well with a stirrer
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste.
- Garnish with the celery stalk
- 80ml Frobishers Tomato Juice
- 60ml Tequila Blanco or Reposado
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Hot-pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- In a large glass, combine tomato juice, tequila, and lime juice.
- Add ice and several dashes of hot-pepper sauce, and garnish with cilantro.
At Frobishers, we are committed to sustainability and are proudly Carbon Neutral. All of our Fruit Juices are sold in 250ml recyclable glass bottles, to minimise our impact on the planet. You can read more about our sustainability pledge and the charities we support here. You can also use part of your Frobishers packaging to grow plants (perhaps even tomatoes!). The cardboard box inserts act as the perfect starting tray for plants and herbs, simply fill them with soil and plant a seed into each section.
So if you’re looking to stock up on delicious Tomato Juice, make sure to reach for a bottle of Frobishers for the best results. Made using only the finest all-natural ingredients, and its moorish mellow flavour, it is an excellent choice for any Tomato Juice enthusiast, or someone looking to try it for the first time.
Did you know that you can build a custom box of soft drinks, including all your favourite fruit juice flavours at Frobishers.com? Shop online now and discover our 5 delicious ranges of soft drinks, made from the finest fruits and botanicals.